Lizzy McAvoy is an excellent singer and songwriter for Universal Music Publishing Group. I also have the pleasure of playing guitar for her!
You can find out more about Lizzy at lizzymcavoy.com.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL HEAR LIZZY SHARE ABOUT
- What she does when she gets writer’s block.
- Her favorite audio plugins.
- How to take songwriting to the next level.
- Making better songwriting demos.
- Mistakes to avoid when recording demos.
- And more…
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Queen (iTunes link)
- A Night at the Opera – Queen (iTunes link)
- Bohemian Rhapsody (iTunes Link)
- Bruno Mars – Unorthodox Jukebox (iTunes link)
- Sara Bareilles (iTunes link)
- Dixie Chicks (iTunes Link)
(The above links are affiliate links)
Gear and Apps:
- Mohave ma200
- Slate Pro Audio Dragon Compressor
- Neve Portico 5012
- Neve Portico 5043
- Shure SM81 (For acoustics and guitar amp miking)
- Waves V-EQ3
- Waves V-EQ4
- Waves V-COMP
- Jason Blume
- Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI)
- Mel Tillis “Your first line is always your best line”
LIKED THIS SESSION? PLEASE SHARE IT!
If you enjoyed this episode and have 5 seconds, please share it on Twitter by clicking on the link below. It’ll automatically let me know you liked it!
LEAVE ME A VOICEMAIL!
Let me know what and who you’d like to hear on the show. It seriously takes less than 30 seconds on my Speakpipe page.
WANT TO HELP?
It means a lot that you’ve taken time to listen to the podcast and read this far. I want to make this podcast the best it can be. If you would give an honest review on iTunes I sure would appreciate it. You can also email me with suggestions for the show. Thanks so much for listening!