Marcus Finnie is one of the most studious and prepared drummers I know. His incredible feel and talent has enabled him to play for such artists as BeBe and CeCe Winans, Kirk Whalum, Rachel Lampa, Michael McDonald, Larry Carlton, Donna Summer, Billy Preston, India Arie, Aaron Neville, Lady Antebellum, and many more.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL HEAR MARCUS SHARE ABOUT
- How he got his start in Nashville.
- How to approach practicing your instrument.
- Playing with a metronome.
- How to tune drums and get good tones.
- How he got into reading music.
- Preparing to be a successful working musician.
- His love of cooking and food.
- The best thing to put on corn on the cob!
- And more!
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Sakae Drums
- Evans Drum Heads (Marcus uses G12 coated heads on top, and G1 coated on the bottom).
- Evans 360 Heads
- Meinl Percussion
- Vic Firth
- Check out this video from Marcus’ CD release!
LIKED THIS EPISODE? HELP ME GET THE WORD OUT!
If you enjoyed this episode and have 10 seconds, please share it on Twitter by clicking on the link below. It’ll automatically let me know you liked it!
GET YOUR VOICE HEARD!
Let me know what and who you’d like to hear on the show. It seriously takes less than 1 minute on my Speakpipe page.
WANT TO HELP?
It means a lot that you’ve taken time to listen to the podcast and read this far. I want to make this podcast the best it can be. If you would give an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher I sure would appreciate it. You can also email me with suggestions for the show. Thanks so much for listening!