Our guest on today’s Complete Music Life Podcast is percussionist and songwriter Ron Sorbo.
Ron plays for the Nashville Symphony, has played for Broadway shows, and also writes and produces music that has been used by MSNBC, The Discovery Channel, and Animal Planet.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL HEAR RON SHARE ABOUT
- What and how to practice
- Gear Ron uses in his recording studio
- Staying versatile in the music industry
- What Ron wished he’s known before starting his music career
- Having a discerning ear and knowing yourself
- What separates amateurs from pros
- Defining yourself as a musician
- Getting the focus off yourself through volunteering
- And more…
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Nashville Symphony
- Genelec Monitors
- Sample Logic
- Japanese Taiko Drums
- Audio Technica (AT4045 Mic)
- Royer Ribbon Mics
- Auralex room treatment
- Coles Ribbon Mics
- Ozone 5
- 2CAudio Reverb
- Spitfire Audio orchestral libraries
Inspiration is nothing without action. [Tweet that]
As you listen today, be inspired to do something different – something uncomfortable.
That’s how we grow. That’s how we move toward a complete life in music.
LIKED THIS SESSION? PLEASE SHARE IT!
If you enjoyed this episode and have 5 seconds, please share it on Twitter by clicking on the link below. It’ll automatically let me know you liked it!
GET YOUR VOICE HEARD!
Let me know what and who you’d like to hear on the show. It seriously takes less than 30 seconds on my Speakpipe page.
WANT TO HELP?
It means a lot that you’ve taken time to listen to the podcast and read this far. The best help you can give the podcast is an honest review on iTunes and an email with suggestions for the show. Thanks so much for listening!