I love playing with Loren “Snoopy” Clark. Whether it’s Jazz, Rock, or Pop, he knows the role of the bass and sets a rock-solid foundation that the rest of the band can build on. He plays what the song calls for and makes it “feel right.” And, his stage presence excites audiences world-wide.
Snoopy has also expanded his horizons into producing, songwriting, and arranging, and is now the music director for Group 1 Crew.
On top of all that, Snoopy is a great guy to hang with. His positive attitude lifts up the people around him and I’m thankful he was able to take the time to chat.
IN THIS EPISODE SNOOPY SHARES ABOUT:
- How he got his start in music.
- How he took his craft to the next level.
- Influential albums.
- A mistake he made and what he learned from it.
- Developing relationships and more.
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Run For Your Life – Yellow Jackets
- Never Die Young – James Taylor
- Ten Summoner’s Tales – Sting
- Ghost Stories – Coldplay
- St. Vincent – St. Vincent
- Random Acces Memories – Daft Punk
Links above a affiliate links.
- Group 1 Crew
- Mars Music
- Jaco Pastorius
- Jimmy Haslip – Bassist
- The Winans
- Jackson 5
- Dywane “MonoNeon” Thomas Jr. – Bass
- Anthony Crawford – Bass
- Brandon Brown – Bass
- Jackie Clark – Bass
- Antwaune “Spankie” Davis – Bass
- James Jamerson – Bass
- Tommy Sims
- Terrance Clark – Drummer
- The Undertone Collective
- The Bass Grimoire (affiliate link)
- DR Strings
- Sublime Guitar Company (SGC Guitars)
- Alclair Audio (IEMs/Hearing Protection)
- ARJ Percussions
- George L Cables
- TC Electronics
- Mono Creators
- Blackbird Pedalboards
- instagram and twitter: @snoopyclark
- youtube The Undertone Collective
Quotes of the Day:
“We become what we think about.” –Earl Nightingale
“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” Psalm 23:7 (KJV)