Ok. I wasn’t as prepared as I thought. This song took me 63 minutes to compose from the press of the start button to bouncing the mix to mp3. I broke rule 2, but I’ll forgive myself because I had left a guitar on the opposite end of the house, and Elijah (my 4-year-old) came in the room wanting something.
Again, this challenge is really just a personal exercise. The goal is not perfection. In fact, the goal is to break myself of the need of perfection which holds me back in life. Again, “95 percent and published is better than 100% and still in your head.”
This is definitely not a 95% kind of track, but, here’s the first song of the challenge.
5 Tracks. 60ish minutes. I used Protools 10, 2011 Macbook Pro 13″, an Apogee Duet interface, and a Presonus Eureka Preamp.
I also used a Gibson Les Paul Studio, Taylor 414ce acoustic guitar, and a Mesa-Boogie TransAtlantic TA-15 head into a Dr. Z cab.
Please leave comments, suggestions, etc. I love feedback!